Monday, 7 May 2012

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua review.


 Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B20 Beige Tendre. £31 from Boots.


Hi lovely people! I recently purchased this foundation as I've heard a lot of good things about it and wanted to try something different to my usual fav foundation which is Nars sheer glow.

This comes in a plastic bottle which makes it easy to squeeze out the product. The packaging is pretty simple. I was expecting it to be a little more 'fancy' as it is Chanel but it's still lovely! 

You really have to shake this well before you use it as it's water based. So pretend you're serving Mr Bond a cocktail and shake it like a polaroid picture! When I first used this I noticed it's very runny like water, hence the 'aqua' part and has a really fresh fragrance to it. A lot like sunscreen as this has SPF 15 in. It's really easy to apply and blends so nicely. It's not my usual coverage choice as it's light to medium but it's most definitely build-able! This doesn't cover all imperfections so concealer would have to be used to cover up those naughty under eye circles or blemishes. 

This gives such a gorgeous, natural looking finish! It really does look like your skin but a much better version of it! It's very lightweight and my skin can breath when I'm wearing this as it doesn't feel like I have anything on. This also stays on really well. I got a little lazy one night and left my make-up on, uh ohhh! To my surprise, I woke up in the morning and my face hadn't looked like it had melted! 

This is a great everyday foundation and gives a slight glow to the face. However, if you like a bit more coverage I wouldn't recommend this as I do have to apply about three times. Overall I do like this foundation but for me, I probably won't re-purchase. After using this a little more, I found it works a lot better without a face primer and I am now totally in love with this! I definitely WILL be re-purchasing. xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Nice review! I'm so interested in trying this but I'm going to wait until I finish another one of my foundations first! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good foundation! I think I've changed my mind and will be repurchasing this!! xx

      Delete
  2. This isn't really related to the review but I love the pictures! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ESTEE LAUDER ...YOU WON'T BEAT IT ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pshhh ;) I like looking sweaty ... I MEAN dewy!! xx

      Delete
  4. i saw it, but to be hones didn't really think on trying it. but now.. maybe now i will..
    oh you never now, maybe it will work for me too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so want to try this out! Have you tried Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation? A lot of people tend to compare it to this.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh really? No i haven't but will definitely check it out! Thanks lovely x

      Delete
  6. i really want to try this too! everyone seems to love it!
    and i also love that its water based <3

    hey from the #bbloggers chat
    BreezeyBee Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ive heard such great things about this foundation! Might have to try it in the future!

    Fashions on Top

    ReplyDelete